I sometimes read Old Holborn (he’s blogrolled) and he is normally foul-mouthed and amusing. He has though gone down in my estimation with this anti-semitic rant-fest he is hosting.
Let’s look at the evidence…
1. Hamas started it.
2. The fact Hamas has bottle rockets and the IDF have F-16s and Apaches doesn’t make it unfair because war is not about “playing fair”. The Duke of Wellington (who knew a thing or two about fighting said “In war there is no substitute for victory”. Hamas should have spent some of the time squandered on furious Islamic rhetoric building an economy rather than living on hand-outs like the pikies they truly are.
3. Hamas has in it’s foundational charter a commitment to the complete destruction of Israel. They really mean it. It is no more negotiable than the US Declaration of Independence.
4. Iran, Syria and assorted other “usual suspects” are backing Hamas for the usual reasons of pure devilment.
5. Israel crushing the lunatic theocrats of Hamas is the best thing for the poor buggers in that most benighted of shit holes that is the Gaza strip.
6. When Israel withdrew from Gaza they left behind a whole load of greenhouses and the like. These were wrecked by the denizens as symbols of Zionist oppression or some such. Now if instead the lokes had decided to take-up market gardening and not carry on with their amateur rocketry we wouldn’t be having our current difficulties in the Near East would we? If like every other nation on the planet they tried to make their way in the world by making things and providing services Gaza wouldn’t resemble the globe’s largest sink-estate and the inhabitants of Sderot wouldn’t need to be world-class at the “duck and cover method”. It’s win-win. Unfortunately Hamas has decided to bet the farm on lose-lose.
7. Israel is a civilised first world country. Gaza is a dark-age nightmare. I think Ayn Rand had something to say on always backing civilisation against whatever and Gaza is most definitely whatever. I can easily imagine holidaying in Israel and I bet you can too. Honestly can you see anyone in anything resembling their right mind booking a fortnight in the Gaza Hilton? I’d rather spend a fortnight in Paris Hilton.
8. I know why the Arabs (some of them – not so much Egypt or Jordan which is telling) and the Iranians are backing Hamas. Quite why the EU keeps sending them cheques though is beyond me. Especially after an enraged mob torched the EU consulate in Gaza City over the Motoons of Doom. That would have been a good point to decide – “fuck ‘em”. They buit the hand that fed them and that hand should have then bitch-slapped them. But it didn’t.
9. When all is said and done… Has any of the time and money and effort that the denizens of Gaza have spent on kidnapping Israeli soldiers, blowing-up buses, firing rockets and being generally obnoxious advanced their lives and livelihoods one iota? It hasn’t. It really is time (60 bloody years!) that they realised they are just not getting anywhere and that their poverty and degradation is not the fault of the evil Zionist entity but of their own nihilism. They could have potentially a nice country but they just keep fucking it up. They need a serious reality check. Which they are currently getting – in spades.
10. Has Yasser Arafat’s Nobel Prize shown up on eBay yet? Hamas thugs also stole Arafat’s toilet*. Dear sweet fuck. What a gaffe! And remember the Gaza poonami? The Israelis offered to help. Hamas told them to sling it. So basically fuck ‘em. The literal shit-storm was apparently caused by people stealing dirt from the dam. That is what Fateh and Hamas have rendered. A literal empire of dirt.
*I can think of very few things I would want to own less than that shit’s shitter.