One relative, who asked not to be named, told the Sydney Morning Herald that the man had spent some time in intensive care.
“It’s a real warning for people not to eat a slug.”
The New South Wales health department said that slugs such as the giant African snail could infect humans with bacteria, viruses and parasites.
You know, far be it from me to pull rank and all that but some of us don’t need a “warning” not to eat slugs.
Oh, and if I was related to the Sydney Slug Slurper I doubt I’d want to be named either. And I wouldn’t be having the gastropod guzzling goon round this Crimble (by which point he’s probably going to be OK). For a certain value of “OK”, obviously.