According to some survey of nonces, numpties and weirdoes (aka the Great British Public) these are, in order, the 20 people in the entire world that Brits most respect…
Have a think who and then see under the fold…
1. Barack Obama – The Messiah
2. Nelson Mandela – St Nelson of Soweto – usually tops this sort of shit.
3. Jade Goody – Terminally ill Big Brother star of femto-scale talent.
4. Sir Richard Branson – Fair enough.
5. Sir Terry Wogan – Genial Irish radio presenter.
6. J K Rowling OBE – Wizard kid’s author.
7. Phillip Schofield – Genial English TV presenter.
8. Sir Alan Sugar – Erstwhile entrepreneur, now does reality TV show “The Apprentice”.
9. Dame Judi Dench – Veteran actress not noted for getting her kit off.
10. Sir Michael Parkinson – Dull as ditchwater chatshow host.
11. Dame Helen Mirren – Veteran actress noted for getting her kit off.
12. Jamie Oliver – Crusading Mockney gob-shite and TV chef.
13. Angelina Jolie – Serial international adoptrix.
14. Sir Elton John – Be-rugged MOR songsmith and AIDS campaigner.
15. Cheryl Cole – Erstwhile warbler and now blubbing X=Factor judge and pro-WAG.
16. The Queen – Head of State for over half a century.
17. Kylie Minogue – Aussie singer noted for having a lovely bottom.
18. Lady Thatcher – Former Prime Minister – won three general elections.
19. Lorraine Kelly – Giggling Scots TV presenter.
20. Stephen Fry – Humorist, writer and actor.
Did you think it would be this bad? OK. Who isn’t there? There is not one scientist, engineer, architect, serious author or sporting figure. There is only one current businessman. And Cheryl Cole one spot above Her Majesty! It beggars belief.