Kitty Kounters

We started out a little over a year ago with a single Aussie Cat Counter labouring away, stuck in the far colonies and condemned to a life of sun, sea and sand, surrounded by blond beauties wearing naught bar skimpy halters and bits of string. After enduring this I was relieved in my efforts when we gained NickM, a Brit, counting from the sunny climes of Northern England. After a year of further toil another Englander, IanB, joined us in our efforts at feline enumeration.

Today, I have an announcement:

Daphne, who makes her home at the Jaded Haven, has agreed to visit from Texas (down Allen, behave) and count the odd kitty kat.

Now, we do understand she has her own voracious blog to feed, and are grateful that she is willing to spend any time in this playground, regardless of how frequently or seldom she visits.

Our lineup now is:

IanB: polemicist, master artist and noted hobbit fancier.

NickM: natural philosopher and world class swear blogger (DK, eat your heart out).

Cats himself: amateur historian, ditto at all else he touches, and commenter on otherwise unconsidered trifles.

And finally,

Daphne: essayist and rough, tough Texican chick who uses words as sweetly as angels kiss.

If you want my opinion, and you wouldn’t be here if you didn’t have at least a passing interest in the nuggets I drop, I think we now have a fine line-up of capable wordsmiths; the Anglosphere is well represented, our approaches are varied, and we plan on keeping you all well amused.

What I do have to point out is that this gal is a lady, so boys – playground or no playground, put your willies away, and no pissing in the sandpit. You want to take her on? I guarantee, you’ll suffer.

Brilliant!

Welcome dear lady!

2. IanB says:

This is very good news indeed, though I fear my own paltry efforts at writing will now be cast in a very poor light :)

Welcome aboard, Daphne!

3. daphne says:

Thank you, RAB.

IanB, you rock and I love your words, I don’t do paltry and neither do you. I expect you’ll want to punch me in the face by the end of the month for abusing the language.

We’ll see how this rolls,Chris. I hope to do you honor, but I won’t be surprised if you throw me out the door, I can be a little raunchy.

4. IanB says:

Oh, raunchy is fine. But we don’t do poultry.

5. CountingCats says:

Speaking of poultry:

What’s the difference between erotic and kinky?

Well, erotic is when you use a feather, kinky is when you use the whole chicken.

Well Ian certainly rocks on the page Daphne, but he has also let it be known that he is a Hawkwind fan!

So I have been giving his musical re-education some thought.

Now this lady and gentleman are ROCK!

One from my neck of the woods, and one from yours.

This made the hairs on the back of my head stand up when I saw it on telly aged 16.

Pity about the idiot dancing though!